Saturday, October 17, 2009

I habb a code. By dose weighs tweddy pouds.

This sort of thing happens every once in a while. Some of these events are just allergies but the worst of them are head colds, and I have one. Right now I have one. A head cold. My normally large nose feels truly gargantuan tonight. It's the middle of the night and my decongestants aren't working well enough to let me sleep.

A "big doze" is no fun, it just makes your head feel off-balance. I have to concentrate like the blonde looking intently at the frozen orange juice carton, I have to really concentrate, to figure out how many hours to allow between doses of decongestant and again to remember when I took the last dose. Eh, let's see. Nine-thirty to one-thirty; four hours - I am good to go with another dose...ok, so allowing half an hour for the stuff to start working...ehhh....maybe I can go back to bed at two.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you. My cold started on Wednesday - by Friday I was thinking my head might explode, today I wish it would. Sigh.

    It's like all colds, though. If you treat it, it will be gone in seven days. If you don't, it'll be over in about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. I got ten hours sleep last night but it took twelve hours to get it all done. I am going to go stand in the shower a while and see if the steam will help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atchoum! (= the noise made by a sneeze in French)(have you ever wondered why onomatopeas are different in different languages?)

    ReplyDelete